.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's Wrong With That? I'd Like to Know.

Christy and I had the following conversation on the way home from the vet.....all in schmaltzy love song titles.

Christy [seeing a stop light]: "Stop! In the name of love."

Ben: "What's love got to do with it?" [pause] "What is love?"

Christy: "Love lifts us up where we belong."

Ben: "Oh! THAT'S what love is for."

Yep, we're that awesome. (How would you continue this conversation, only in love song titles or...if you really need to stretch....famous love song lyrics?)

4 Comments:

  • Christy: "I'm amazed. This love..."

    Ben: "This love is fucking right."

    Christy: "Baby, I love your way. I knew I loved you."

    Ben: "Take it easy. Love is a battlefield. Love will tear us apart."

    Christy: "Don't push love away. All you need is love."

    Ben: "Love me already."

    Christy: "I will always love you."

    Ben: "Silly love songs..."

    Bonus points to whoever knows all these songs. Can anyone keep it going?

    By Blogger Mike, at 3/14/2009 2:22 PM  

  • Presumably you have heard the Elephant Love Song medley from "Moulin Rouge" which you were effectively singing to one another. If not, seems like something mushy you two would enjoy :)

    By Blogger Chad, at 3/15/2009 2:22 PM  

  • Chad, yes of course I know the Elephant Love Medley. Subconsciously, it was probably my inspiration.

    By Blogger Ben, at 3/15/2009 4:53 PM  

  • In fairness, there is only one song cited by Ben and Christy that is in the "Elephant Love Song" medley (which would be "Up Where We Belong"). All others are original.

    By Blogger Mike, at 3/16/2009 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home