.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Father, the Saudi Auditor

Well, I can finally talk about it.

My parents are moving to Saudi Arabia. My dad will be the chief auditor for a new international university that the Saudi government is building. Yeah, when they said they had something important to tell me, THIS particular piece of news was not the first thing I imagined it would be.

I've got this huge mix of emotions. I'm immensely proud that - out of all the auditors in all the universities in all the world - a mega-rich nation that could buy any talent chose my father. Let this be confirmation to all of you that my father is THAT good! I've always known he was a man of great warmth, kindness, intelligence, and integrity. Now the Middle East will get to find that out, too.

On the other hand, I'm going to miss my parents immensely. They've always been there for me. Now they'll be across the world from me. AND I'm wondering how it will be for my mother - a strong, independent woman - living in Saudi freakin' Arabia. I mean, I hear the University will be the size of a small city (with all the amenities of said city) and that she'll have freedom to move around in there....but, still!

I've got only a few more months 'till they leave. I mean, it could be worse. They're still alive. We've got modern technology to talk.

But....Saudi Arabia. Yeah. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home