.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Friday, February 06, 2009

Because I Haven't Posted Since December

There are two schools of thought when it comes to blogging:

1) If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything. Better expressed as Jacob Grier's rules of good blogging.

or

2) Post something, dammit! I'm bored of seeing that picture of you with a shoe.

I'm going with number 2.

So, for lack of anything interesting to say.....I mean, I could update you on Christmas at sea, almost having a trial, being sick enough to go to the emergency room, visiting an old friend and his wife and baby (!), but I haven't the time. Where was I?

Oh, yeah. Get Fuzzy has been running the same joke for the past week, but it's a joke that pretty much describes me and - I suspect - a number of you. So click here and read this week's strips.

That is all. Sad, I know. I'll start again later.

Out of curiosity, DO those strips describe you, or am I the only one?

4 Comments:

  • You know "Get Fuzzy" hits home with me too.

    Also, speaking of comics, did you know there's an unpublished "Calvin and Hobbes" comic? Check it out here. It doesn't exactly place at the top of C&H strips, but still, interesting...

    By Blogger Mike, at 2/06/2009 10:00 AM  

  • Two things. First, these comics certainly describe me to some extent. Especially the inability to let go, and the part where Bucky says, "It's the middle of the noon. [People] are trying to sleep."

    Second, I'm working on a book (well, now I'm studying for the bar, but I had been working on a book, and will be again when I'm done with the bar). There's one part I figured y'all might appreciate, and it's topical. It reads thusly:

    Entering the room Pete noted a series of comic strips that had been meticulously trimmed from the paper, laminated, and posted to the door. The clippings had been culled from two different strips, both of which Pete himself treasured. One starred a mischievous boy and his ubiquitous striped companion as they struggled against the tyrannical bounds of adulthood, built horrendous snowmen, or crashed their wagon in spectacular fashion. The other was a single panel strip that featured an awful lot of talking cows.

    Also, my word verification is "Logan". Weird...

    By Blogger Matthew B. Novak, at 2/06/2009 11:42 AM  

  • Matt - NICE! I approve. Also, re: being unable to let go....I've found myself much more able to let go since getting married. Not that there's been a change in my character. It's just that I never have the time. I still constantly think about how I would respond to this or that thing in the blogosphere....I just lack the time to form coherent posts.

    Mike - I remember at least one other strip about Hobbes being washed in the washing machine. I even remember in the 10th Anniversary book that Bill Watterson commented on how Hobbes being washed in a washing machine was one of those strange things that blurred the lines about Hobbes's identity. Don't really get why this one was replaced. Neither it nore its replacement (which I, of course, recognize) represents a moment of Pure Wattersonian Genius, but it's always great to get another hit of C&H.

    By Blogger Ben, at 2/06/2009 12:18 PM  

  • I'm not really that intense about movie reviews, though I do think that site, if it existed, would be really amusing just to see who panned movies universally regarded as awesome today...

    By Blogger Jeff, at 2/06/2009 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home