.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

What Would Aslan Do?

Check out the trailer for the The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. I'm drooling.

It's like this. Lately, many of the great book series have been transformed into good-to-awesome movies and each time the book series' fans have had the joy/agony of seeing their beloved work transferred to the silver screen. It's happened with The Lord of the Rings trilogy (cinematic achievement of our lifetime), the Harry Potter series, and recently The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I have each time, watched from the outside...enjoying the movies but wondering what the fuss was all about from all the obsessive fans.

Now it's MY chance to geek out. I read the entire Chronicles of Narnia series twice before I was 13. Even now, 11 years later, the stories stay in my head. While a bit more aimed at children than LOTR, the Chronicles are so....freakin....awesome! At least they have attained that status to me over the years. I have many a fond memory sitting in some corner reading them. I didn't get the Christian allegory at first (hey, I was 10 when I started reading it!), but I think the story operates on multiple levels.

Dude, have you watched the trailer yet! Its creatures are being designed by the geniuses who made the creatures in LOTR! And it's got Tilda Swinton as the White Witch! I am swooning!

Ok, back to cleaning my apartment so I can head to graduation tomorrow.

(Note: Hell of a "teaser trailer" that is. It gives away too much for a teaser trailer. How much more can the theatrical trailer include? Will it be the length of the movie? Perhaps it will tell us a bit about Prince Caspian or Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Geez, people.)

(Another note: I gotta re-read the series. I'll throw that in there with Brothers Karamazov and God's Politics on my summer reading list.)

2 Comments:

  • Are they only doing "Lion, Witch..." with this movie or are they trying to incorporate some of all the books (like with "Hitchhiker's...")? If the former, are there going to be eight/nine/however many of these movies?

    By Blogger Jeff, at 5/11/2005 11:16 AM  

  • Ben has a blog! Ben has a blog!

    By Blogger mkg, at 5/11/2005 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home